The Cycle Hub - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Brought to you from the people behind Saddle Skedaddle Cycling Holidays - The Cycle Hub is a social enterprise that promotes and facilitates cycling, complete with bike hire facilities, cafe, bike shop and repair workshop. The Cycle Hub will provide cyclists in Newcastle a place to meet and chat over cake and coffee.
THE CYCLE HUB – A VENUE THAT FACILITATES AND PROMOTES CYCLING
• A meeting place for cyclist and non cyclist alike
• A cafe to meet or drop in for refreshments, coffee, sandwich, cake…
• A place to start, finish or stop on a bike ride….
• A place to get your bike serviced, repaired and buy accessories
• A variety of good quality hire bikes – half a day up to several days…
• A place to hold a meeting or hire for a function
• Working with Hub cycling partners, a place where you can access training in cycle maintenance; arrange cycling lessons and guided day rides in association with Sustrans, BikeRight, Recyke-y-Bike and others.)
• An information point for all things cycling in the region….
• A home for cycling related businesses (Saddle Skedaddle Cycling Holidays, BikeRight, Scratch Bikes)
• Part of the community….. working with local Ouseburn and Byker businesses – The Cycle Centre, The Tyne, The Free Trade, Ouseburn Coffee Company ,xsite Architecture, The Rip.
Here’s a bit more information:
‘The Cycle Hub will provide cyclists in Newcastle a place to meet and chat over cake and coffee. Whether mountain biker or Bmx’er, single speed aficionado or road purest everyone is welcome’.
‘It’s a great place for a pre cycling caffeine kick or the perfect post pedalling pit stop’. ‘A venue where you can drop by to get your bike serviced or give it a tweak’
‘Situated beside the River Tyne, means that you’ll be cycling pretty much on the flat in both directions on traffic free routes and so will is a superb starting and / or finishing point for families or those after some mellow pedalling’
‘An information centre for all cycling related things in and around Newcastle, from guided rides, cycle training, transfer services and local clubs’