The bikekitchen is a public space located in Goldschlagstraße 8, in 1150 Wien spanning a workshop, a kitchen and a lounge (a place for events). Our legal basis is a club/association but we see ourselves as a non-hierarchical, open collective. The bikekitchen is a non-profit organisation but of course we need to cover our costs (rent, tools, kitchen ...).
Parts of the Bikekitchen manifesto
Preamble: This manifesto does not correpond to reality and is not intendet to be serios; neither this sentence does.
§ 1. Hierarchy & Selfempowerment
1) The Bikekitchen derives its option from given circumstances. At the same time it reclaimes radical demands.
10) The BK is never complete!
§ 3. Economy & Syndicalism
1) The BK is strictly against built-in obsolescence of all kind. Therefore it is also against commercialized fashion and styles in design. Furthermore the BK is against the irrational unsustainability of profitorientated thinking and for the (money-) free economy. The BK is outside the uncivilised and necrophilic forces in the current economic order.
2) Resources: Recycling, upcycling and repairing goes before buying new. Make stuff out of bikes and bikes out of stuff!
3) Property: Selfempowerment through understanding that possessions should not possess you.
4) Companies: Companies are okay, as long as they follow the bicycle model (see § 4, sentence 3) and leading the dictate of the so-called free marked away from its absurdity.
5) Currency: The most produced means of transportation is the bicycle. Therefore it is logical, that bicycle parts should become the only valid currency. In addition that would prevent any speculation, thus any evil and inhuman effects of speculation.
§ 4) Petrol-driven hegemony & bicycle culture
1) The BK will use any means possible for the good of the bicycle.
2) One aim of the BK is the enrichment of the bicycle culture up to the final overthrow of the petrol driven hegemony.
3) Therefore the BK is working on a worldwide network of bicycle-selfrepairing workshops and is hosting related activism and action.
4) The BK is orientated on the bicycle model, which states that any action is measured in relation to its benefit to the bicycle, the bicycle culture and its participants. It doesn´t matter, if these actions are directly or indirectly, virtual or actual benefiting the bicycle, the bicycle culture and its participants.
5) The BK demands more bicycle-driven roadways, cargo-bike roadways and bicycle-friendly public transport. It demands the possibility of all forms of transport to be amenable for carrying bicycles and their use whilst the vehicle is in motion.
6) Gyroscopical forces: The BK supports all forms of pedal-powered gyroscopical forces.
7a) Ecology & public space: The BK is for the car-free city, shared space, flowers, trees, foldable beer-tables and durable table-tennis-tables. Against the salt spreading in the winter. The salt is poison for the bicycle. Especailly for the chain, the braks and the shift.
7b) Public space is communual space. Each permanent occupent must proof, that they are acting the benefit of the public interest and the bicycle model. If they do not do this, this is a sign of opression (most possibly in the duty of petrol-driven hegemony).
7c) The enjoyment, qualitiy and value of the space is not the privilege of few.
Category: Advocacy and Social Projects