Velo-city 2013 is a Green Event.
What is the Austrian Eco-label?
In 1990 the Austrian Eco-label was created on the initiative of the Federal Environment Ministry with the aim of informing the public about the environmental impacts of products and services. The Austrian Eco-label is a quality certification mark which guarantees that the certified products and services create only low environmental stress.
What measures need to be taken to receive the certification?
The requirements are considered satisfied if the requested mandatory criteria are met and the minimum number of points required for the relevant event has been reached. The following key categories are taken into consideration:
- Mobility and CO2 offsetting (e.g. climate compatible travelling)
- Accommodation (e.g. enterprises with eco-label)
- Event Location (e.g. energy consumption, environmentally friendly equipment, cleaning)
- Procurement, Material and Waste Management (e.g. reuse of badges, waste separation)
- Exhibitors/Exhibition Stand Builders (e.g. reduction of printed material and give-aways)
- Catering (e.g. regional, seasonal and fair trade products)
- Communication/Social Aspects (e.g. opportunity for feedback, diversity)
How can you help us to receive the certification?
- We encourage all participants to climate compatible travelling to and from the event location. If possible, travel by train, public transport or bicycle!
- If air travel remains the only option, please use the possibility of CO2 offsetting. In order to do so please use the following link: www.atmosfair.de/en/home
- To travel around in the city, please use your free bicycle or public transport. Your conference ticket also entitles you to use the whole public transport network of Wiener Linien for free from June 11th-14th.
- Within all Velo-city 2013 facilities, there will be waste separation systems. Please avoid excessive waste and use the waste separation bins provided!
- Please avoid bringing PET bottles into the conference facilities. Our catering area will provide you with drinks and refreshments. Moreover, in each conference room, water will be available.
- To be able to reuse the conference badges, we encourage all participants to bring their badges to the collection boxes provided after the conference.
We appreciate your cooperation and are looking forward to welcoming you to a green VELO-CITY 2013!