Velo-city conferences serve as a global communication and information platform aiming to address decision makers in order to improve the planning and provision of infrastructure for the everyday use of bicycles in urban environments. Velo-city conferences typically bring together more than 1,000 delegates such as engineers, planners, architects, social marketers, academic researchers, environmentalists, businessmen/women, and industry representatives who join forces with government at all levels in order to build effective transnational partnerships to deliver benefits to cycling worldwide.
Objectives of Velo-city conferences are:
- Spreading high quality knowledge about cycling and transport planning internationally.
- Showcasing through conference publicity the benefits that cities with good cycling policies provide to their citizens, businesses and others.
- Encouraging the recognition of cycling as an efficient, healthy, environmentally friendly mode of transport, and promoting its widespread use.
- Integrating cycle planning into transport, land-use planning and other policy sectors related to cycling.
- Seeking involvement from all relevant stakeholders.